Chapter I – Introduction and Objectives
1.º(Introduction and Objectives)
The International Startups Meeting Contest (henceforth the “Contest”) is organized by Rede Dinâmica XXI with the partnership of the AIESEC Alumni International (http://startup-circuit.rededinamicaxxi.pt/). The goal of the Contest is to reward entrepreneurial projects selected by a jury independent of the Association. The Rede Dinâmica XXI team responsible for the Contest (henceforth the “Organization”) will accompany the development of the aforementioned Contest. This initiative is part of the vision and mission of Rede Dinâmica XXI and AIESEC Alumni International themed: “ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION”
Chapter II – Candidates
All the people who have innovative and enterprising ideas and who are enrolled in the Lisbon Startup Circuit business mission can participate in the Contest.
Entries for the contest are open to all projects, including projects from associations, work groups, companies, or any type of legal person, and the registration is done in a personal capacity;
3.º (Non-Eligible Applicants)
- Collective entities, namely commercial companies, foundations and other public or private institutions, whether for profit or not, which have been in existence for more than 3 years, may not participate in Competition.
- Exceptions to the previous number are entrepreneurial projects created within collective entities, namely commercial companies, foundations and other public or private institutions, whether or not for profit, which aim in the future to have an existence independent of the original project.
Chapter III – Ideas
1. Eligible for this Competition are:
(a) People with an Entrepreneurial Idea,
(b) People with an Entrepreneurial Projects or Startups
in the terms and conditions defined in the present Regulation will henceforth be called the “Ideas”.
2. The Ideas are presented in English or Portuguese.
5.º(Changes to Ideas)
No modifications may be made to the Ideas without prior authorization from the Organization.
Chapter IV – Applications
6.º(Submission and Dealine for applications)
1. All those entrepreneurs enrolled in the Lisbon Startup Circuit, are automatically enrolled in the Pitches Competition, having to communicate to the organizing team their project and interest..
2. The submission of applications do not entail any extra cost.
3. The deadline for the submission of Applications is previously defined by the Organization and finish with the tickets for the Lisbon Startup Circuit.
1. The Ideas that fall within the scope defined in clause 4 and comply with the terms and conditions of the present Regulation will only be appreciated.
2. Ideas will be appreciated preferably integrating, in particular, in the following selection parameters:
(a) Candidates who demonstrate, in any way, some type of previous initiatives in the pursuit of Ideas, and who still maintain high levels of motivation;
(b) Ideas that demonstrate originality, relevance/practical applicability; actuality/opportunity; the depth of development and associated research work;
(c) Ideas that may have a socially and / or economically positive impact on society and economy;
(d) Ideas that, due to entrepreneurship revealed, differ from the rest;
(e) Ideas, which offer greater probabilities of success, continuity and sustainability;
(f) Ideas likely to be co-financed by other entities;
(g) Ideas whose needs are aligned with the support provided by the Rede Dinâmica XXI.
3. Candidates with inappropriate or unlawful or illegal language and content that include, in particular, offensive, discriminatory, racist or inciting violence shall not be considered.
8.º(Request for Clarifications)
In cases where doubts persist, in any of the phases of the Competition, the Organization may request further clarification from the Candidates.
1. Without prejudice to the provisions of the law, it is the duty of the Organization and of Rede Dinâmica XXI, as well as of all its associate and auxiliary members, to treat and maintain an absolute obligation of confidentiality and secrecy in respect of any and all information, any nature of Ideas, that it comes in any way to take notice.
2. The Organization and the Rede Dinâmica XXI, as well as of all the respective members, associates and auxiliaries, also expressly oblige themselves to:
(a) to use the information solely and exclusively for the purpose and in the scope of the Competition, refraining from any use outside that context, either for its own benefit or for a third party, and regardless of purposes, namely for patent registration, granting operating licenses;
(b) strictly observe the information provided by the Organization in relation to the disclosure of the information, and should also consult the Candidate beforehand, whenever there is any doubt about the possibility of disclosure of certain information.
3. The confidentiality obligations assumed in the previous numbers shall be kept for a period of one (1) year from the date of the end of the Competition.
1. The personal data collected will be used to manage the Competition, as well as to disclose new events and actions of the Association, and will not be transferred to third parties, except for companies that are partners of the Association that will award prizes to the participants and need the contacts for the delivery of their prizes. In the web collection, the participants must also authorize that the Rede Dinâmica XXI can contact them via SMS or by electronic mail, being allowed the possibility, also by electronic means, to communicate that they do not wish to receive more messages or information through this route.
2. The Data collected is provided by the respective Candidates.
3. Candidates are required to provide only true, complete and accurate information.
4. The Organization and the Jury are bound to strictly comply with the provisions of the Portuguese legislation on the processing of personal data, namely:
(a) Keep the Data strictly confidential;
(b) Not to copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, erase, destroy or in any way make available to third parties the Data to which it has access or that have been transmitted to it by the Applicant without having been expressly instructed or authorized by it;
(c) To process the Data in a lawful and fair manner, collecting only the information necessary and pertinent to the purpose;
(d) Not use the Data collected for purposes incompatible with that of the collection;
(e) Allow the Candidate to access and correct the information about him / her registered, transmitting it in a language clearly and accurately corresponding to the content of the register;
(f) Keep the Data accurate and, if necessary, current;
(g) Guarantee free of charge the right to delete the Data used, when requested by the Candidate;
(h) Comply with all obligations to which they are bound in respect of registration or any other data processing operation;
(i) Observe the terms and conditions contained in the legalization instruments related to the Data processed;
(j) Have security systems that prevent the consultation, modification, destruction or addition of the Data by a person who is not authorized to do so and who can detect intentional or unintentional deviations of information;
(k) Immediately interrupt treatment when in breach of the law and received from the National Data Protection Commission directives accordingly;
(l) Destroy the Data, after the authorized retention period: thus, in order to comply with the agreement with the National Data Protection Commission, all personal records that are more than 3 (three) years old and which have not been altered or updated should be destroyed;
(m) Do not perform data interconnection.
Chapter V – Selection Phase
The Competition has two (2) phases. The first one is the selection and evaluation of the Ideas, which are based on the following general criteria: economic and financial viability, innovation, promoter motivation and public utility.
In this first phase all competitors will have access to an online tool developed by the Organization, called DreamShaper. This tool helps you structure an idea into a business plan by answering questions and exercises, and is divided into 4 (four) steps. At the end of each step, the Ideas are evaluated and the Ideas with the highest score are moved to the next step.
1. In this phase will be selected the 3 winners of the ISUM Lisbon 2018 Contest.
2. The pitch competition also takes place face-to-face on dates to be announced on the Organization’s website. This evaluation will be held at the Casa da América Latina, in Lisbon.
3. The Organization reserves the right to change the number of winners based on the quality of the ideas presented and the number of prizes raised that will be distributed by the winners.
13.º(Announcement of Selected Candidates)
The announcement of the classifications will be made via e-mail to all Candidates admitted to the Competition.
Chapter VI – Jury
14.º(Panel of Juries)
1. The Jury will be a group of notables highly recognized in the areas relevant to the selection of Ideas.
2. The Organization will be the spokesperson throughout the Competition process and maximum representative of the Jury, responsible for the success of the Jury’s mission.
The Jury’s mission is to elect the ideas that pass in each phase based on this Regulation and the experience and knowledge of each Jury while notable in one of the relevant areas.
1. Judges’ decisions shall be sovereigns and final and there shall be no appeal.
2. The Jury reserves the right to request any clarification on the Ideas presented.
3. The Jury also reserves the right not to elect any Idea if none of the Ideas submitted meets the requirements.
17.º (Final Classification)
The final classification of the Jury will be issued at the end of each phase, which will be announced as soon as possible to the candidates.
Chapter VII – Awarding of the prize
18.º(Rede Dinâmica XXI)
1. Rede Dinâmica XXI will make every effort to ensure the achievement of the winning ideas.
2. However, Rede Dinâmica XXI can’t be held liable if it is not possible to apply any of the Ideas.
19.º (Scope of the Prize)
1. Any and all support awarded to the Winning Ideas and to the Competition Finalists will be unique and exclusively used to carry out the Competition, a situation that the Winning Candidates acknowledge and accept that:
(a) Prizes can only be used to carry out the project – Evidence will be requested;
(b) Awarding of prizes shall be subject to the principle of reasonableness – Association shall support to ensure that the use of prizes is part of a viable project plan;
(c) Certain prizes shall be subject to the overall use of the finalists;
(d) Use of the prizes shall occur within a period of 6 months after the Award Ceremony, the date of which shall be announced in due course on the organization’s website;
(e) The use of the prizes should be made in a hierarchical way, with the winners taking precedence over the finalists;
(f) Notwithstanding the previous point it may happen that prizes not claimed by some winners are distributed by the competition finalists
2. Any and all misuse of the support provided by Rede Dinâmica XXI implies the total return of the amounts or premiums received. The Applicant may also incur criminal and/or civil liability under the law, and Rede Dinâmica XXI and the Organization have the right to deduct a claim for compensation for any damages or losses that may be incurred by them.
Chapter VII – Final Provisions
20.º (Clarifications and omissions)
1. Any questions regarding the Competition may be clarified at the Organization, via the Internet to the electronic address
2. Any omission in these Regulations shall be resolved by the Organization in accordance with the Law.
3. This Regulation is subject to Portuguese law and for all matters arising therefrom, the parties elect the court of the Lisbon Court of Justice, expressly renouncing any other.